Photo by Ylanite Koppens from Pexels
How to make a card personal & why it’ll make you popular!
I don’t know about everybody else, but to me the card is the most important part of the gift. The words in the card, the meaning behind it and that warm feeling that makes you smile.
Especially if someone has written in their own words; it makes it so much more personal and brings a huge smile to your face. (Which is hard to wipe off!) That’s why I’ve created this list to show you how to make a card personal!
If you’re writing a card for a friend or family member that you are close with, you want a card they will appreciate. You don’t want a pointless card that they will just read them once and bin.
Think of what makes you want to keep a card you have been given? It’s great to have memorabilia to look back on.
When writing a card for your partner, you could sum up the year. Just a few words of events since the year before, any troubles that were overcome, and what you are looking forward to. We think this is nice, as it brings back memories and can allow you to smile, knowing you’ve made it through another year and you have much more to look forward to.
When it comes to a birthday card for a specific age (for example a 21st birthday) Make a personalised card, included with photos of the person the card is for.
My friend recently turned 21. I made the card myself using InDesign, photos I had since we have been friends, and wrote something inside which I knew would make her laugh. She said she wouldn’t dream of ever throwing the card away, as it meant so much to her that I had put the time in to do that.
I think it’s nice when someone cares enough about you to put feelings into words.
If you don’t usually bother with cards, and just get something plain for a loved one.. Just try it and see how happy it makes them!
Either make the card yourself or buy a card with no words and write your own in. Make it personal for you both, and see the reaction you get. I can guarantee they will be over the moon, and they will appreciate your effort an awful lot. It’s a lovely feeling when the card will be remembered for a long period of time.
Funny cards are ALWAYS a winner!! If the card receiver has ever done anything so hilarious, that you can never forget it.. Write it down!! You’ll both be laughing in no time! If anything a bit of humour is great! Especially for when knowing how to make a card personal, as you can add something, that will guarantee to make them chuckle and remember your words!
So, here are some examples of messages you can write in a card to add a personal touch!
For birthday cards:
- Age is not just a number, but a value; the older the age, the higher your value
- As it’s you, I think I’ll celebrate with you today! Happy birthday
- Merry Christmas!!! Oh wait, wrong event… Erm.. Happy birthday!!
- May today be a day you’ll remember forever! (Until your memory goes)
- Put your feet up, I’ll put the kettle on!
- Today is the one day a year where you can boss me around. You have until midnight! Go go go!
- Have a wonderful day, but please don’t embarrass yourself like last year..
- IT’S YOUR BIRTHDAY!! YAAAY! So smile and eat cake!! 🙂
- Happy birthday you old fart
- Yo shawty, it’s your birthday, we gon’ party like it’s your birthday!!
- I forget it was your birthday, so here’s a card.. My gift to you is the gift of my friendship. AREN’T YOU LUCKY!!
- I love when it’s your birthday, because it reminds me that you’re the oldest!!
- Have an AWESOME birthday! Hope it’s filled with laughs!
For an anniversary: (For other couples and your partner)
- Who’d have thought you two would last this long aye?!
- You owe me money!! I bet Dave, it would only last two months 🙁
- I’m so lucky I get to wake up next to you every morning. It reminds me how lucky I am to have you
- You are not just my partner, but my best friend too. I love you with all my heart; thank you for making me a better person
- Happy anniversary darling, I wouldn’t change you for the world
- I am only me when I’m with you. That’s why I call you my other half
- Another year has flown by, and our love is stronger than ever. Here’s to many more happy years together!
- Until I met you, I always felt something was missing but could never quite figure out what it was; and then I met you and now I feel truly complete
- You’re not perfect, and neither am I.. At least we’re both okay with that!!
- Today is awesome because I get to show you off to the world, and remind people that you’re mine!
For sorry cards:
- I was a dick. I’m sorry..
- I can’t go back in time, but if I could change things, I would!
- My intention was never to hurt you, and I’m devastated that’s how it ended up
- Please forgive me, I’ll spend the rest of my life making it up to you!
- My one big regret in life was letting you down, and I can never forgive myself
- I know you’re too good for me, but please give me a second chance!
- Is it too late now to say sorryyyy? ’cause I’m missing more than just your bodyyy
- Seriously, you’re still mad at me? Let me know when you’ve finished sulking..
- I’m weaaally sowyyyy :'( waaaa!
- Look, I’m already mad at myself! We can’t both be mad at me!
For Christmas cards:
- Merry Christmas blah blah blah; here comes another day! Bah Humbug!
- IT’S CHRISTMAAAAAAAAS!!! Have a great day you!
- I hope you get everything you could ever wish for, you deserve it!
- Enjoy all the food and Christmas pudding, while you can! We’re hitting the gym in January!
- Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas. No arguing now!
- I see you got me socks again!! Thank you soooo much! Prick.
- Today is a day of stuffing your face like a pig, so get that dinner down ya neck!
- Merry Christmas ya filthy animal!
Did you like my list? of ‘How to make a card personal?’ Be a doll and share it? 🙂
NOTE: This post may contain affiliate links which means I’ll earn a bit of commission at no extra cost to you of course! 🙂 Read more about it here)
Like what you’re reading?