I’m SUCH an awkward person. Like if you could get an award for awkwardness I would be claiming that trophy!
I constantly find myself in those total foot in mouth situations and can almost look see myself and think ‘what the fuck are you doing Loz? Just be normal woman!! Stop being such an awkward freak!
I have put together a list of totally awkward every day situations that I always seem to get myself into, waaaaay to often!
(See if you ever find yourself in a similar situation)
1. When you get introduced to someone you know nothing about and then left alone with them. You both have absolutely nothing to say to each other, so you just continuously smile at them trying to think of something to say. Anything..
2. Seeing someone you used to know/only half know when you’re out and about, and debating whether or not to acknowledge them. Nine times out of then you decide to pretend you didn’t see them and end up putting your head down and awkwardly scuttling past, avoiding eye contact at ALL costs.
3. When you pay for something with change and you suddenly forget how to count.
Why does this always happen?!
Your basic maths abilities fly instantly out of the window and you end up throwing change at the cashier whilst blushing and apologising profusely.
4. Standing in public and real life HELL arises. Your phone dies. And as you can’t play on it you have nothing to do with your hands, and somehow forget how to stand.
What do I do with my hands?! Arms folded? Hands in pockets? Help!!
5. When in Mcdonalds and looking up at the board deciding what you want, and you get called over to place your order.
I’m not in the queue! I haven’t decided yet!! Don’t pressure me!
6. When an unknown number calls you and you stare in PURE HORROR at your phone, waiting for this horrifying moment to pass.
7. Accidentally bumping into someone and you both end up doing some sort of weird sidestep dance trying to get out of each others way.
Oops! Sorry! Haha sorry! OKAY JUST MOVE!
8. Waving frantically at someone you know and shouting their name to really grab their attention. Then your face drops when you realise you don’t know them at all, and you have just majorly confused and freaked out a complete stranger.
9. When you don’t hear what someone said so you say ‘Pardon’ ‘What’ ‘Sorry’ several times until you get so flustered and overwhelmed with confusion you end up saying ‘Oh’ or ‘Yeah’ and nod in agreement just praying that they didn’t ask you a question.
10. Running for a bus or a train for it to pull off just as you reach it, with onlookers smirking at you. Yepp let’s style it out..
I was jogging okay..
11. When it looks like someone is staring at you or you keep having awkward eye contact with a stranger and after it happens one time too many you just stare in the opposite direction hoping they will disappear.
Please tell me I’m not the only one who gets into these awkward situations?
Like what you’re reading?