The MUST HAVE Guide!
+ Signs you’re both ready & the silly things you’ll argue about!
Sometimes living together with your partner, can make or break a relationship. You either end up driving each other completely mad, or become like best friends. Either way living together puts your relationship to the test; and you’ll know if you’ve found the one or not. Some couples move in together straight away, which is risky as it will rush things and you may not know them well enough to be making such a bold move. Other couples move in together after years if being in a steady relationship. The latter is wiser as you will know them pretty damn well by this point and shouldn’t be in for any surprises!
So you may have noticed the signs that you are ready to move in together?
- This can be that you get on well the majority of the time and are happy in each others company
- The thought of living with your partner truly excites you, and may scare you a bit, but you mainly feel super happy!
- You have been together long enough to know that you are compatible and know them well enough
Did you know, that apparently it takes 3 years to fully get to know someone?
- You may spend near enough every day with them and regularly stay over at their current place or vice versa
- You can both deal with arguments well and don’t drive each other completely INSANE
- Both of you agree to take the relationship to the next step and feel ready to make the commitment
After you have taken the plunge and moved in with your partner, be warned there WILL be arguments now and again. All couples row from time to time and any couple that say they don’t are probably lying! No relationship is perfect. Remember that! But if you truly accept each other for who you are and are happy then you get through almost anything together.
Here is a list of rows that occur after couples move in together, and some things that couples do:
1. You argue about who’s turn it is to do the washing up. It’s important to share chores and not slack, or your partner may resent you. Plus it’s really not fair to leave it down to just one person all the time. Share chores evenly!
2. Any mess your partner leaves drives you absolutely MAD especially after you have just spent hours tidying up.
3. You get soooo tired of them leaving their dirty socks and underwear in the middle of the floor, and have to constantly remind them where the laundry bin is.
4. Leaving the bathroom door open whilst doing your business becomes totally natural. Oh yeah! Trust me, when couples move in together this just becomes normal..
5. You don’t hide farting or picking your nose in front of each other, and all your disgusting habits come pouring out.
6. Who’s in charge of the remote becomes a BIG issue. You find yourself rushing home from work to ensure you get in first and can take control of the TV before your partner does.
I love you more than yesterday. Yesterday you annoyed me. A lot..
7. If money is tight, you both instantly feel under pressure; and if your partner buys something unnecessary you want to throttle them!
8. When your other half goes out without you, you look forward to having time to yourself. FREEDOM!!!! But in reality you find yourself just pottering around like a lost soul waiting for them to come home. You try to resist the urge of calling them every five minutes to see how long they’ll be.
9. You notice how long they spend in the bath or shower and wonder what the actual HELL they are doing in there.
Don’t look for someone who will solve all your problems for you; look for someone who will be there each step of the way
10. You find yourself going to bed when your partner does so you don’t feel lonely.
11. When one of you is ill, there’s no hiding! When couples move in together, you have to care for them without complaining and nine times out of ten you end up catching the bloody thing too! Sharing is caring and all that!
12. Your habits start to rub off on each other and you can subconsciously act more and more like one another.
13. You have MAJOR pig out sessions together and eat junk food! Not caring that you have spilt food all over you and look like an utter slob.
When couples move in together. They PIG OUT TOGETHER!
14. If one of you is an early bird, and the other a night owl then at first you will constantly disrupt each others sleep patterns and become irritable with each other.
15. You can become quite needy and reliant upon them as you’re so used to having them there.
16. You become each others counsellors and listen to their problems about work or how their day has been.
17. You plan your next steps together. After couples move in together, if they haven’t had a child yet then they talk about whether that’s what they want or not. Or marriage may be next on the cards.
Anything you’d like to add?
NOTE: This post may contain affiliate links which means I’ll earn a bit of commission at no extra cost to you of course! 🙂 Read more about it here)
Join The Girly Gabble Gang