(If you have to explain yourself)
Ladies.. We all need excuses to go clothes shopping now and again, without having to justify yourself and explain why you have spent a ridiculous amount of money on clothes you will probably never wear.. Right?
Whether your partner is asking why the hell you need 10 new outfits a week; never wear the same clothes twice, and have a million and one branded carrier bags stashed in a cupboard somewhere; left untouched until they end up being used as a bin at some point. The point is, we don’t like to feel judged. As if we could be spending our money on something more beneficial, rather than wasting it on clothes to fit in with the latest trends. Whatever your situation, you may be seeking some new excuses to go clothes shopping to justify yourself (not that you need to!)
Here are 14 excuses to go clothes shopping you can use:
(You’ve probably tried a few of these yourself aye!!)
1. It’s on sale. Even though you already have a BILLION jumpers in every colour possible, this new jumper is on sale and is such a bargain, you’d be silly not to buy it! Right?! I Mean, COME ON! Could you afford NOT too? Change your perspective to make you feel less guilty. “How lucky am I!? I needed a new dress, and I found this one by accident and it was HALF BLOODY PRICE! Yaaaay!”
2. It’s perfect for ALL seasons. This will look good in the summer and the winter! Due to it’s easy ability to go well with anything. You’d never have to give it away! You can wear it anytime, anywhere! Sweeeeeeet.
3. The price cut. At £60 you can understand why no one wants to buy that dress. But at 40% off, look at how amazing it is! If you don’t buy it right this second now, then it could sell out and you’d feel a right nutter for not grabbing it whilst you had the chance! Damn us not making quick decisions!
4. There’s an event coming up. Even though you have a gazillion outfits in your wardrobe, three quarters of which you have barely worn; you need a new outfit for the wedding/party or whatever it is you are attending. Why? I just do okay, gosh its called keeping up with fashion!!
5. I’ve wanted this forever. Well, since I have just seen it in the shop window.. So yeah like an acceptable amount of time. Please just let me buy it and stop wasting my time.. I NEED IT!
Shortest horror story ever: Sold out
6. I can wear it with everythingggg. It can be dressed up and down, and it can be worn smart or casual! It’s perfect!
7. I can always return it. It’s best for me to try it on at home with all my other clothes. Hell if I don’t like it, I can always take it back! Like that ever happens. AIN’T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!! Plus, who can ever remember where that receipt has gone? Was you even given one? Hmmm..
8. But I shouldn’t really be spending this much money. Ah never mind, I’ll starve for the next week or cancel that night out. These shoes are so worth it! No regrets!
9. I’ve had such a stressful week. I deserve to buy this, I need a major pick me up! Don’t you dare take it away from me. Hey! A shopping trip is better than spending the night out drinking, getting sloshed right?!
Shopping is cheaper than therapy
10. It’s payday. I have so much money. Who cares if I spend £200 in one shop? I have all the money in the world right now. I. AM. UNSTOPPABLE!!! Keep outta my way! I don’t need no excuses to go clothes shopping. I’m LOADED!
11. It’s not exactly the right size. Oh who cares? I’ll lose a couple of pounds so I can fit into it. Or if it’s too big, oversized is the new look right?
12. It will never get old. This piece is a classic, and will never go out of fashion. Therefore I must have it! (We’re guessing it ends up in a charity bag whilst your de-cluttering your wardrobe thats another story a few years later)
13. Didn’t Kim Kardashian wear something similar? I’m sure she did. This outfit must be good..
14. I don’t have that colour. Yes I have 32 pairs heels, but I’m pretty sure I don’t have this colour, I must have them as it’s bound to go with that dress I have.. somewhere.
Let me know if you have ever used any of these excuses to go clothes shopping.. I know you have! 😉 Oh and if you have any new ones, be a hero and let me know!! I need to refresh my mind aswell! Please share this post, if you enjoyed!
Like what you’re reading?