Photo by Brigitte Tohm on Unsplash
Winter essentials.. We all need them! Check out my guide to surviving the winter + my recommended winter essentials!
Are you a winter girl or a summer girl? If you’re a summer girl then winter isn’t to your liking. And without your winter essentials, this time of year really sucks for you. I can see why you wouldn’t like it..
You’re practically surrounded by darkness. Waking up in the pitch black and feeling like you should be going to bed at 5pm! It throws your body clock waaaay out. It doesn’t matter that you have 100 jumpers on, 3 coats, 6 pairs of leggings, 5 pairs of trousers, 2 pairs of gloves and a scarf that wraps around your entire face, and not forgetting your 60 pairs of socks, (we do love our winter essentials) you’re still bloody freeeeeeeezing!!
Does that sound like you?
There are things to help your winter become more survivable and not so much like you want to hibernate and never leave your bed ever.
Here are your top tips and the winter essentials you need!
1. Try going to bed an hour earlier than usual. The dark weather makes you feel like it’s much later than it is, so it shouldn’t be too hard to adapt to an earlier night.
2. Don’t use the change of season to get out of your exercise routine. Keep up with your daily fitness and don’t let yourself slack off – it will warm you up too!! ☺
3. Invest in a heated blanket and lay it on the bed before you go to sleep, so you’ll have the cosiest bed!
4. Buy thermal socks to wear during the day and warm snuggly slippers for when you get home.
5. Make sure you have a PROPER coat! You should have a thick and preferably long coat to keep the cold out, as well as gloves and a scarf!
6. Don’t exclude yourself. Stay in contact with friends and family, and invite them over if you’d prefer not to go out.
It’s so easy to lose touch but make sure that doesn’t happen!
7. Update your playlist with upbeat and fresh new music, whether it’s for in the car or on your iPod to keep your spirits up!
8. Keep your immune system in check – if you’re lacking in vitamins then take some vitamin C to give it a boost!
9. Always keep a pack of tissues on you at all times in case of a runny nose disaster.
10. If you have a friend that LOVES the winter then try to see them more often. Their views on winter may rub off on you and you won’t feel as glum. ☺
This really helps!
11. Indulge in a bubble bath more than usual, with lots of lovely bubble bath!
12. Take the time to restore yourself. Catch up on paperwork, decorate your home or have a clear out. (See how to de clutter your wardrobe)
13. Start making plans for the months ahead to give you an aim and something to look forward too.
14. If the winter blues kick in strong, keep your chin up by pampering yourself, staying in and watching movies with the girls or your loved one; or planning a summer vacation.
Remember, it’s not all doom and gloom!
15. Throw a mini winter gathering– invite your nearest and dearest over and have a cosy movie and hot chocolate night.
16. Get out the fondue! Melt some chocolate and dip marshmallows and strawberries in! Mmmm yum!
Now for your winter essentials..
- Hooded Open Front Fluffy Coat
- Price: $29.00
- Tree Embroidered Double Breasted Coat
- Price: $34.11
- Fleece Blanket
- Price: $51.21
- Pompom Slippers - (S)
- Price: $25.56
- BEYOND - Pure Natural Lip Balm (Sweet Vanilla) 10g
- Price: $6.56