Different ways to spend the day together without breaking the bank.
So you may have seen yesterdays post for singles? Well today this post is for the loved up bunch and valentines day ideas for couples.
First of all let’s talk about the expense.
Valentine’s day is such a minor day compared to Christmas and birthdays; you really don’t need to be spending loads on your partner.
When it comes to Valentine’s Day, a card is enough to give to your partner.
A simple card, with your own words written inside will show your partner truly how much they mean to you; and is worth a hundred times more than a gift you bought ‘just for the sake of it’.
Ladies, if your man wants to spoil you rotten and get you roses and chocolates then you’re a very lucky girl!
But the most important thing is.. Don’t expect it!
Of course its always nice to be treated like a princess for a day, but your man shouldn’t feel like he has to spend out a load of money.
I’ve come up with a list of things you and your partner can do to have the perfect day together:
- Book a table at a restaurant you both love and enjoy dinner by the candle light
- Make a scrapbook together – stick photos of the two of you in, and write in your most memorable moments – this will be lovely to look back on
- Cook together, choose a dish to make and spend quality time together making it
- Have a games night. Get out the board games and have a laugh! Oooh..but not Monopoly! We’ve discovered this only causes arguments!
- Go for a walk, take a picnic, just enjoy each others company!
- Have a couples massage, or even better- to save spending out, give each other a massage. Why wouldn’t you?!?!? 😉
- Take photos together, get some silly snaps of the two of you
- Plan a holiday together, choose where you’d both like to go, and book a romantic getaway either for this occasion or later on in the year
- Play the 20 question game, where you each write out 20 questions about yourself that your partner has to answer. That’s how you know if they forgot when your birthday is, your favourite food or just pretty much anything about you!!
Try the ideas for yourself! If you have any other ideas, then let me know!
Oh and girls.. have a good night!!