When you need a blogging boost and your blogger-vation back (Yeah I just made that word up..)
Blogging is pretty popular right now, and it’s no surprise people feel a lack of motivation from time to time. There are tons of successful bloggers, and you can often feel like you have no chance of getting there, as there are hundreds of others who are better than you. Whether there’s a blogger that has the same niche as you, the same style, you want to stand out right? Be yourself and express your personality through your blog and you WILL stand out for being original.
Here are some TOP tips to remember if you’re a blogger that have always helped me.
1. You won’t succeed straight away. Building an online presence takes time. You won’t become known overnight. Share your posts, keep your site easy to navigate and make it easy for your readers to comment on your posts, sign up and connect with your social media accounts.
2. Don’t ignore other bloggers. Networking is so so important in the blogging world. I can’t stress how important it is to connect with fellow bloggers. Is there a particular blogger you like? Why do you like them? It could be because they are active across social media, reply to comments from readers or connect with other bloggers! Be social, view other blogs, comment on a post you love and shout other bloggers out to make their day! They might return the favour, and a blogging friend can help you succeed!
A little progress each day adds up to BIG results.
3. If you ever feel de-motivated then remind yourself why you started a blog in the first place. What were your ambitions and goals for your blog? Did you want to raise awareness for a certain topic or write about what you love? Whatever your reason, don’t forget it! Keep a notebook on what you want to achieve and your plans to keep you motivated. You can look back on it when you need a reminder.
4. Don’t compare yourself to other bloggers. It’s great to look at other bloggers for tips, but don’t compare yourself. You started blogging for a reason right? Don’t copy others by doing what you think they are doing to succeed. We all have our own styles, embrace it! Do your own thing and blog the way you want too. When I first started I made the mistake of trying to be like other bloggers; but there will always be a newer and better blogger you will come across. You will end up keep changing your blog, the theme, the layout. Keep it how you want it, and try not to be influenced to easily otherwise you’ll never be happy with how you have it.
Believe in yourself and GO FOR IT!
5. Ask yourself what your readers will gain by reading your blog. What’s in it for them? A good read or a product review or something else? Why do you read blogs and what do you love about them? Always keep your readers in mind and try to write like it’s personal to them. Leave them wanting to comment and connect with you by coming across as friendly and approachable!
6. Don’t EVER ignore your readers. Try to reply to every comment and thank your readers for visiting your blog. If you don’t, why would they bother communicating again?
7. Once you have set up your blog and you’re happy with the design. Don’t keep changing it! I know this makes you feel like you are doing some good for your blog and are working on it; but all you’re doing is messing around with the layout and confusing your readers. Draft new blog posts, network, share.. There is loads you can do to work on your blog without changing the appearance!
Do you have any blogging tips to share? Let me know in the comments box at the end! 🙂
Check out other posts in the blogging tips category:
NOTE: This post may contain affiliate links which means I’ll earn a bit of commission at no extra cost to you of course! 🙂 Read more about it here)
Like What You’re Reading?