If you’re reading this, I feel that there are some very important things every girl in their twenties should know..
Living life in your twenties, is awkward because you’re an adult, but feel stuck in between having the mentality of a child and being able to keep up with your responsibilities as a grown up.. I personally feel there are a lot of things every girl in their twenties should know, that I wish I was told sooner!
You’re SO not ready for adult life, you almost wish you could go back in time and enjoy your youth, where things are a lot easier. But then on the other hand, you like not being able to answer to anyone and just get on with it and do your own thing. You are stuck in the middle not knowing what you’re doing half of the time and constantly seek a bit of guidance. (We’ve all been there!)
Here are 25 things every girl in their twenties should know that I feel may give you some reassurance 🙂
1. It’s totally okay to feel like you don’t have your shit together. Whether you’re living at home or are still in education. Just because you have gone past turning 18 and are now in your twenties doesn’t mean you automatically have to move out and should be in a full time job. These things take time! Maybe you’re not ready to move out yet (mentally and financially) or are still studying to get a good qualification. Good on you for not rushing anything! Take your time, and put yourself first. You’ll thank yourself in your later years..
2. You feel like you literally have NO plans for your future and have absolutely no idea what you are doing with your life (who does?) Most people just plod along with life and see where it takes them. If you don’t know where you’re going then it doesn’t matter which path you take.. (Yes this is taken from Alice In Wonderland, but hell it’s so true!)
Today is the oldest you’ve ever been and the youngest you’ll ever be again
3. You have no savings whatsoever and seem to spend all your money as soon as you get it. Hey you’re still young! Try and save what you can, but don’t forget to treat yourself now and again too!
4. Your mum is still the first point of call the minute something goes wrong, and you find yourself reaching for the phone to call her every 5 minutes. That’s what mums are for right? I’m sure she LOVES to hear from you, and is glad you think of her in your time of need. (Either that or she thinks you’re a bloody nuisance!
5. You are NOT weird! You still feel like a hormonal 15 year old who throws tantrums and is completely unable to control their emotions. Trust me, you’re not human if you don’t get emotional from time to time. That’s just life!
6.Unfortunately you still haven’t mastered the art of cooking and without relying on people to cook for you, you’d be living like a student, off of takeaways, tins and microwavable junk! Merrr who said you were born to be a chef? Don’t worry about it! You’ll learn along the way. Don’t forget you have Google and Youtube at the click of the button for some tutorials!
7. Getting up in the mornings is still a struggle, and you need to be dragged out of bed kicking and screaming, kissing your bed goodbye. Some people were born to be early birds, and the rest of us are night owls. Everyone is different right?
8. The majority of your friends have moved out and are in a steady relationship; whilst you’re still living at home and your mum thinks it’s acceptable to ground you still. Really mum?!
9. You have NO career path in mind at all. You have no decent qualifications and are still stuck in the crappy place you had a part time job in college. It’s never too late my dear!
You’re too young to believe it’s all not going to be okay
10. The dark/thunder & lightning are still hella scary and you are terrified of them! Hey who isn’t!? Getting older doesn’t make them any less scary.
11. You still have your WHOLE Disney collection and watch them repeatedly whilst snuggled up. Ahh that’s the life!
12. You would NEVER dream of getting rid of your cuddly toys. That’s like taking away your WHOLE childhood!
13. Mum still does your washing & ironing. Make the most of it whilst you can girl! Trust us. It’s not fun.
14. You feel like you’re ALWAYS making mistakes. Listen up! Everybody makes them! We wasn’t thrown into this world with a map and a manual to guide us each step of the way. We learn by making mistakes.. It’ how we cope with them that matters.
Part of being young, is making mistakes
15. You still cry for absolutely no reason whatsoever, and don’t know what the hell is wrong with you. (It’s called being a woman sweetheart, don’t worry we’re all the same!)
16. You haven’t had a serious relationship yet. Well then you’ve probably been busy focusing on other things right? You just haven’t met the right person yet that’s all. Don’t fret on it. What will be, will be.
17. When something goes wrong you automatically look to an adult for guidance, even though technically you are one, you just don’t feel like one yet. Who wants to grow up aye?
18. The thought of being a parent (if you haven’t got kids already) is TERRIFYING to you. You can barely look after yourself, let alone a mini human that looks like you! But if the time comes, trust me. You’ll find a way to make it work and you will ROCK IT!
19. You have no intention whatsoever of acting like a mature adult, and you can go into a full tantrum at any given moment. You’re practically a ticking time bomb ready to set off and let all hell break loose.
20. You are completely useless at handling your drink, and just ‘a quick one’ somehow 9/10 turns into all night clubbing after one drink too many. Heck, you’re only young, who cares?
If you don’t do wild things when you’re young, you’ll have nothing to smile about when you’re old
21. You’re fed up of being single, so spend most of your nights flicking through hopeless dating sites, just to have a cheeky look and find out if there is any half decent guys out there, that aren’t complete NOBHEADS.
22. Remember that you can’t please everyone. People will judge you for whatever reason; some will approve of things you do and others won’t. That’s just life. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and you can never change that. So go ahead and be yourself and don’t let ANYONE change you.
23. You’d rather spend the day finger painting and making shit out of lego than doing ANY other adult related tasks. Who wouldn’t?
24. You still have a poster of your teen celebrity crush on your wall or as your phone/computer background. Ahhh true love never dies..
25. Wanting to throw a bouncy castle party with jelly and ice cream is much more fun than a night out; and is totally socially acceptable (I think!)
So if you’re in your twenties and you are reading this post.. Enjoy life now and stop worrying so much! Share this with your friends to see if they agree!
NOTE: This post may contain affiliate links which means I’ll earn a bit of commission at no extra cost to you of course! 🙂 Read more about it here)
Share 25 things every girl in their twenties should know with your friends! 🙂
Like What You’re Reading?