Do you really know how to look after yourself? We all need some TLC, and taking care of yourself is SO important! If we’re not taking care of ourselves, then we’re not going to be at our best. Your confidence can drop, you’ll notice a change in your mood, and you can become a lot less social. We need to take care of our body and mind, it will put you in tip topper-ooni mode and you’ll nail everything in your path!
You can become the ULTIMATE female boss if you follow these simple steps!
Put your reading glasses on and take a seat!
1. Cleanse your skin twice a day – at morning and at night
2. Ensure you get enough sleep at night
3. Drink plenty of water throughout the day
4. Eat a balanced diet
5. Exercise daily
6. Make YOU time as often as you can
7. Pamper yourself at least once a week
8. Speak to someone you love every day
9. Look in the mirror every morning and smile at yourself
10. Remind yourself of your achievements
The relationship with yourself sets the tone for every other relationship you have
11. Don’t over work yourself
12. Take each day as it comes
13. Focus on the positives more than the negatives
14. If you make a mistake, think of it as a lesson rather than a wrong choice
15. See your GP as soon as you notice any symptoms and don’t ignore your body signals
16. Make a playlist of your feel good music and listen to it when you’re feeling down
17. Keep a journal and record the best parts of your day
18. Shower daily, and don’t skip hair wash day
19. Take your own advice to others
20. Don’t let someone else opinion of you define who you are
You gotta nourish to flourish!
21. Put yourself first sometimes
22. Swap tea for green tea every now and again
23. Remember to brush your teeth each morning and every evening
24. Try to learn something new every day
25. Stand up for yourself
26. Don’t be a pushover
27. Wear clothing that you are comfortable in
28. Keep your friends close and catch up regularly
29. Set aside at least half an hour each day where you can relax
30. If you’re having a bad mental health day, call in sick and have a YOU day
You can be a good person with a kind heart and still say no
31. Say no to people more often
32. Read and share quotes that inspire you
33. Hug someone at least once a day
34. If there’s something on your mind, write it down to get it off your chest
35. If your confidence is low, write a list of 10 things you love about yourself (This post HERE is really helpful!)
36. Keep your home tidy and your things organised
37. Go for a walk when the weather is nice
38. Look through old photos
39. Go on holiday
40. Don’t bottle your emotions up
Self care is not self indulgence. Self care is self respect
41. Watch comedy shows
42. Create a routine
43. Practice deep breathing techniques
44. Don’t hold high expectations of others
45. Get a pet
46. Switch off from technology in the evening
47. Cook your favourite meal
48. Take a nap when needed
49. Ask for help when you need it
50. Make lists of things you need to do
51. Light scented candles
52. Take your vitamins
53. Block any distractions out
54. Learn to accept yourself for who you are
It’s sooo important to refer to these tips girls, as you really can become a better you, in all forms! See if you notice a difference by trying just a few of these steps!
Keeping your mind and body in good shape will help you become a stronger person, and you will be able to achieve almost anything! Never be ashamed to put yourself first and take some time out now and again to restore yourself. Check out our other post – Essentials to keep in your pain relief box to keep you prepared for when you are unwell.
If you’ve tried any of my how to look after yourself tips or have any to add, Id love to hear from you, so drop a comment below and share your tips on how to look after yourself!
NOTE: This post may contain affiliate links which means I’ll earn a bit of commission at no extra cost to you of course! 🙂 Read more about it here)
Be A Part Of The Girly Gabble Newsletter!