When you were young, bedtime seemed like a punishment.. You always felt like you were being left out and hated that you had to go to bed and just switch off. You would throw a tantrum and refuse to go to bed but would always know how to have the perfect sleep. I find the older you get, the more you look forward to getting some rest and catching an early night!
Well I do anyway!
If you find, you’re not sleeping too well and are waking up feeling groggy and tired, there are a few things that I have tried to prevent this from happening. Here’s how to have the perfect sleep
- Try not to eat or drink anything other than water for a few hours before bedtime
- Spend 15-20 minutes doing some gentle exercises and stretches an hour before you go to bed
- Unwind and have a nice warm bubble bath, whilst playing some music that relaxes you
- Remove all your make up thoroughly and cleanse your face
- Moisturize your body and put on your coziest pj’s
- If it’s chilly, add an extra blanket to the bed and make up a hot water bottle
- Keep a glass of water on your bedside table, in case you wake up thirsty during the night
- Set your alarm and keep it the other side of the room to resist hitting that snooze button!
- Put your phone away and leave the telly off. – Getting distracted can make you feel more awake, and you’ll wake up feeling groggy. This is so not how to have the perfect sleep!
- Perhaps put a soft light on in the bedroom and read a book until you’re ready to go to sleep.
- Make sure you have a mattress suited for you and always keep your bed made nicely.
- Ensure you have the right pillows – believe it or not there are loads! Memory foam, ultra soft etc… Get the right pillows for you and you will see how to have the perfect sleep!
- Make sure the room temperature is just right, and sleep in complete darkness.
If you have tried any of these tips, or have any more, then let me know by dropping a comment in the box below!
Be A Part Of The Girly Gabble Newsletter!