Most people have a bucket list in life. A list of things that they want to accomplish before they die, and it’s normally pretty extravagant things. This got me thinking about what I would like to achieve before my life is over; and my mind was so overwhelmed with the possibilities and things to do, that it just gave up and went completely blank. So I ended up setting a shorter goal and thought about the things I want to achieve in the near future. I’m currently 23 so I’ve given myself 7 years to aim to reach some goals by the time I’m 30.
Here they are:
1. Learn sign language. I really look up to people that have learnt sign language later in life whether it’s just something they wanted to learn, or they know someone who is deaf. It seems almost impossible for me to do, especially as I have such a bad memory, and can be a slow learner; but learning sign language is always something I would love to do. You never know when it will come in handy to use it.
2. Write a book. I have always loved writing and telling a story and this is where my passion for blogging came from. I would love to write a self help book aimed at women to encourage and push people to reach their goals and get the best out of life.
3. Travel. Other than around the UK, I have only ever travelled to Germany, Paris and Ibiza. All of these being when I was under 16, so I didn’t have the chance to have full freedom and explore. I would love to spend a few months traveling all over the country to see how different cultures can be and experience different lifestyles. This has never seemed possible for me to take the time out of work to travel so far, but hopefully in the future it will be a possibility. I’ve had lot of people also say that travelling is top of their bucket list! Oh and if you’re thinking about ever planning a road trip with friends, read here!
That’s the dream right?
4. Become fluent in another language. I used to be almost fluent in German from learning it at school. But after years of non practise I can safely say I only remember the odd few words and can string a few sentences together. I would love to be fluent in Italian or Spanish, I just find it so hard to stick with it.
5. Slightly escape from being an introvert. As much as I enjoy my own space and being at home, often I do wish I had the courage to get out there and try new things.
6. Go on a hot air balloon ride. I have always been terrified of heights ever since I can remember. The thought of going up in the air in a hot air balloon scares the living shit out of me; but I have always thought about how incredible the experience will be.
7. Speak in front of a room full of people. I suffer with major social anxiety and the thought of this makes me want to hide away; which is odd, because I am always trying to inspire and motivate others online and want to do this in real life too. The thought of loads of people staring back at me is scary.
If you think about how quick life flies by us, it makes you realise that you should be living your life the way YOU want to, and you should get out there and make the most of every opportunity. Do you have a bucket list? If so have you managed to cross anything off so far?
Also, does anyone know where the phrase ‘bucket list’ came from? I’ve always wondered..
Like what you’re reading?