A list of 27 things that happened at a teen sleepover. See what you can remember!
Ah the joys of being young and single. When you and the girlies would have weekly sleepovers. Do you remember the things that happened at a teen sleepover? At first you would plan to have a sleepover with one friend, but once the rest of your group catches whiff, they would end up inviting themselves along. Then come the stages of begging your mum for days if it can be hosted at your house.
“You can have one friend stay over only, and I have to speak to her mum first to make sure it’s okay”
What that really meant was, I have never met this friend before or spoken to her parents, so I must call to make sure they are not psychopaths, that way I know their child won’t be a problem. Stop being so annoying mum! You beg for ages, and end up literally being on your knees, making all kinds of promises to do the washing up for a week, all the housework, walk the dog, and clean her car, aswell as the bathroom. In the end she gives in, under the circumstance that you will all go to bed at 10pm, not make a mess, and keep the noise down.
You text all your friends to tell them the good news, making out your mum was ‘cool’ about it the whole time. Then that Friday or Saturday night comes..
1. You put on your favourite T-shirt, and attempt to crinkle your hair. Cute.
2. They all turn up one by one, with their bright coloured sleeping bags, and a bag full of films and snacks.
3. You start off extremely hyper, and all agree to do an ‘all nighter’ What a fantastic idea! Staying awake ALL night, causing mayhem and not getting any sleep! What’s better than that? Oh dear..
4. Your mum has already bought the sugar supplies. Cherryade, Cream Soda, Lemonade, Ice Cream, Haribos, Strawberry Laces, Chocolate. Thanks mum!
Let’s get hyper!!
5. You decide to order a pizza. Again your mum has to get her purse out and do the dirty work for you. It was expected of her of course, so a thank you was not in the question. Of all things that happened at a teen sleepover this was expected; you decide you have to have more pizzas than necessary, a ridiculous amount of toppings, and all the sides. Well garlic bread and chicken strips are just so nice!
6. You have already gathered up a collection of your favourite dvd’s. Mean girls, the Scary Movie collection, shh don’t tell mum, and many others that you have seen a hundred times over.
7. Your friends also bring a collection of films, one of them particulary has an obsession with horror films.
8. Your mum walks in as you are trying to put Scary Movie on. “Turn that off right now! I can see the 15 certificate, you are not old enough! What will your friends parents say?” Jesus mum, it’s no big deal, all the other parents allow it!
9. You over eat, to the point where you are literally about to sick. You can feel the pizza, pop and sweets churning around your stomach and you vow not to eat anymore, but find yourself picking 10 minutes later.
10. You all get your pyjamas out, and compare them to see who has the coolest. They are all pretty babyish, but you have chosen your favourite ones that you think are grown up.
If only we could live in pyjamas..
11. You do each others hair and make up and get the disposable camera out to capture the moment.
12. You have all purchased a face mask each (usually from Superdrug) there is a selection between chocolate, strawberry smoothie, cooling cucumber, tropical cocktail, you name it.. From heating to clay masks they are all there.
13. You put your face masks on and play a game of truth or dare. You end up texting something embarrassingly cringy to your crush, and before you know it you have told your friends about the time you wet the bed, and have put a mixture of sweets into your drink and downed it. Now you feel even more ill..
14. You all think it’s a great idea to go and jump on the bed whilst throwing pillows at each other! Yes this really did happen.
15. You take it in turns to log onto MSN and update your status, including every girl at the sleepovers name with a heart next to it, and let everyone on your friends list know what a great time your having, and all the silly things you have got up to so far! Cooooool..
16. You all then confess which boy you fancy, and tell each other how you are going to get him to ‘ask you out’.
17. After another few glasses of cherryade you are dancing around the house! You are literally high on sugar.
18. Some other things that happened at a teen sleepover? Of course, you HAVE to have marshmallows, and heat chocolate up so you can dip them into it. Strawberries or sweets added-WHY NOT? YUMMY!
19. When the marshmallow dipping gets too sickly, you then decide to have a contest of ‘chubby bunnies’ and fill your mouth with as many marshmallows as possible; making it impossible to actually eat them all.
20. The diaries come out, and you all tell each other your BIGGEST secrets.
21. Someone gets too hyper and knocks the cherryade over and stains the carpet. Oh no! Quick put something over it to hide it from mum!
22. You prank call the boys, looking through your address book with all their home numbers in. SO FUNNY! They’ll never know it’s us!
23. You all get into your sleeping bags and put a film on, and say your going to sleep.
24. Of course this doesn’t happen, and you all get giggly and start shouting, causing your mum to come down and say that if you don’t all quieten down, they can go home! This wasn’t part of the cool things that happened at a teen sleepover!
25. Someone starts complaining that they have eaten too much and are going to be sick. Egh who invited them? Wimp..
26. Someone falls asleep first, and you all decide it would be a BRILLIANT idea to draw on their face and write a silly word across their forehead such as ‘loser’ you are all too funny!!
27. You then all finally get to sleep, leaving the TV on fall blast, and the room in an utter state..
Find anything you can relate too? Why not share this post, and see if your friends can too!
Did you got to an all girls school? Head here next!
Be A Part Of The Girly Gabble Newsletter!