A little list of 22 things your mother used to say to you. How many have you heard before?
It seemed like anytime you said or done anything, your mum would come back at you with the same responses every time. Like she was in robot mode.. You’d just see it coming and roll your eyes and switch off and ignore her.
As much as you used to moan about it at the time, and feel like she was constantly nagging, when you get to an age where you can understand why she said these things, you start to use them yourself!
Here are some of the things that I can remember:
1. Go to your room!
2. Wait and see
3. Ask your father
4. Say pardon, not ‘what’
5. Back in my day..
6. What did your last slave die of?
7. No pudding until you’ve eaten all your dinner
8. I’ve told you SO many times
9. You’ll have someone’s eye out with that!
10. If someone asked you to jump off a cliff, would you?
11. I want never gets
12. Trust me, it will all end in tears
13. If you eat all your carrots, you’ll be able to see in the dark
14. Who is she, the cats mother?
15. Don’t pull that face, if the wind changes it will stay like that forever
16. If you sit that close to the TV you’ll get square eyes
17. Don’t say I didn’t warn you!
18. Take your coat off when you get inside or you won’t feel the benefit when you go outside
19. Close the door, you weren’t born in a barn
20. Because I said so
21. There is no such word as can’t
22. I don’t care if your dying, you’re going to school
It feels like forever ago that my mum used to repeat these things! Are there any things YOUR mother used to say that I missed?
Let me know what you think in the comments box!
NOTE: This post may contain affiliate links which means I’ll earn a bit of commission at no extra cost to you of course! 🙂 Read more about it here)
Be A Part Of The Girly Gabble Newsletter!